Tuesday, September 12, 2017

My WWJD and CTR

Note: I read Helaman 13 about Samual the Lamanite.

Today's lesson: Keep your standards. Holding up your WWJD (What Would Jesus Do).


     I will be honest. When I go through my day and I come to a choice I think 'WWJD' or "What Would Jesus Do?" I think to myself: Choose the Right. Do the right thing. Be kind. Charatable. But keep your standards. Have virtue. Be like Him, Jesus Christ. Almost like a LOT of pressure, huh?

     I have been keeping up this change for a while. It has definitly saved some grief. But today I was reminded that I am a Christian. Not a perfect Christian. But a real living Christian who will stand for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me. But I realize that even though it is the right thing, it is hard sometimes.

"True Conversion occurs as you continue to act upon the doctrines you know are true and keep the commandments, day after day, month after month." -Bonnie L. Oscarson

     Today I was dealing with a kid at school who has been annoying me. I want to be kind to them but at the same time I want them to back off. I have had many people like this in my life and now I realize a little of what God expects of me. He expects me to be kind. To remember him and go and do as the Lord asks of me. That is to be kind and be that person's friend because they might not have many friends.

     Sometimes its hard to see the bigger picture when you feel no one notices how things effect you. But if you think about it- God knows exactly what he is doing. He is helping you. He is helping them. He knows what everyone needs and knows what they want. He knows how you feel and how you persieve things. He knows where you are and where you are going. He knows. That doesn't mean you know but He knows.

     So when the waves get high and the winds get rough. Hold onto your foundation which is Christ. Let him use you as an instrument in his hands. He's got your covered. He also has the person you will help covered. So don't worry. Just serve and be charitable. It makes the ride smoother. I promise.

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty stormshall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Sencerely, 
                     
                                    (Emma Jean)


No comments:

Post a Comment